Peace of mind comes with the 169-point inspection, 24-hour roadside assistance, vehicle history report, powertrain limited warranty and comprehensive limited warranty coverage.
If a vehicle doesn't meet our strict criteria, we won't certify it. It's that simple. Find out what we check during the rigorous process of certifying a pre-owned vehicle.
Every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with peace-of-mind warranty coverage. Our comprehensive limited warranty covers more than 500 components for 3 months/3,000 miles.* Our fully transferable powertrain limited warranty covers you for 6 years/100,000 miles.*
Relax, you're covered.
We've ensured your peace of mind with our comprehensive limited warranty. The warranty covers more than 500 components, including many high-tech parts. Areas of coverage include:
- Rear-wheel drive
- Front-wheel drive
- Air conditioning and heating
- Front suspension
- High-tech (hybrid, SYNC, etc.)
Peace of mind comes standard on every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle since each includes 6-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty coverage,* backed by Ford Motor Company. Areas of coverage include the engine, transmission and more.
Our manufacturer-backed limited warranty is fully transferable to future owners at no cost, a resale benefit that can be transferred from owner to owner.
For extra peace of mind, 24/7 roadside assistance (towing, jump starts for dead batteries, flat-tire changes on-site, and lockout services) is included for the duration of the powertrain limited warranty coverage.
Want additional coverage? Ask your dealer about Ford Extended Service Plans. Service available at any Ford or Lincoln Mercury Dealership nationwide.
24-Hour Roadside Assistance
Complimentary roadside assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Customers may dial (800) 241-3673. Services provided by the Ford Auto Club include:
- Towing assistance of up to $100 for warranty and non-warranty problems, including accidents (excludes impound and repossession)
- Travel expense reimbursement of up to $500, for up to 3 days lodging, meals and rental vehicle for travel expenses accrued when the breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home
- Destination expense assistance of up to $75 for emergency transportation to the immediate destination
- Rental car reimbursement of up to $36 per day for up to 5 days*
- Fuel delivery if the vehicle runs out of fuel ? up to 2 gallons at no charge
- Flat-tire changes on site
- Jump starts for dead batteries
- Lockout assistance of up to $50 to unlock vehicle doors
- Service throughout the 50 United States and Canada
Vehicle History Report
Not every vehicle can make the cut as a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. To even be considered for certification, each Ford must be less than 6 model years old and have fewer than 80,000 miles on the odometer.
After a vehicle has been determined as eligible in terms of age and mileage, an independent third-party vehicle history report is run to identify any vehicle that does not meet our strict standards. The report is run as a part of our 169-point inspection process, and it includes checks for:
- Flood vehicles
- Fire damage
- Frame damage
- Salvage vehicles
- Branded title
- Odometer issues
- Accident history
- Vehicle title history